Monday, March 14, 2011

Psoaring thru Psalm 149

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I hope everyone had a busy weekend and spent some time outdoors. It was gorgeous weather! I didn't spend any time outdoors because the pollen count is still high, so I try to avoid the yellow stuff.

But, my dear friend, Mari, once again invited me to play with her (that's what she calls lunching with friends instead of working), so we went to Mazzarro's. That place was packed on a Saturday! Even parking was a challenge. But we found a table out under the awning and enjoyed our sandwiches and talking. She is a fun person to be with and I am blessed to be her friend!

I also visited the park and saw the black gator half in the water at the lake. Lots of squirrels are chasing themselves all over the trees and probably building nests. Today on the way to church, I saw three woodstorks nestled down in the grass beside Lynch Lake. First time I had seen them resting.

I took a late afternoon drive to the park, after leaving the prayer meeting at church, and since the sun is still high, the long shadows were creeping over the road and  people were finishing up picnics in the warm air. There were still quite a few patrons strolling on the boardwalk, and enjoying themselves. God is Good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 149

Praise the Lord!

Sing to the Lord a new song.
Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful.
O Israel, rejoice in your Maker.
O people of Jerusalem, exult in your King,
Praise his name with dancing,
accompanied by tambourine and harp.
For the Lord delights in his people;
he crowns the humble with salvation.
Let the faithful rejoice in this honor.
Let them sing for joy as they lie on their beds.
Let the praises of God be in their mouths
and a sharp sword in their hands--
to execute vengeance on the nations
and punishment on the peoples,
to bind their kings with shackles
and their leaders with iron chains,
to execute the judgment written against them.
This is the glory of his faithful ones.
Praise the Lord!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis