Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Encouragement

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners, This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Today is Wednesday and Then Came Sunday!! What a wonderful day that will be!
We have much the same weather we had yesterday, so no surprises there. Windy and warm. Sunshine and beautiful. I know there is another stormy front going across the country, including Tenn, today, so I have prayed for safety for my family there.

Yesterday morning, I was feeling not so good..I think because of the busy day Monday. I tried to do too much. But I started feeling better in the afternoon, so I went to the park and enjoyed watching the squirrels scampering. I noticed on my walk the other day, that the squirrels are now so used to people feeding them, they expect it. One of them stopped right in front of me, sitting with its little paws folded  and looking so cute, but I never bring anything for them, because it's bad for them to be fed unnatural stuff. And, it's against the rules of the park.

But I also went shopping, so you know I was feeling better, :o) God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

What do I do when I feel overwhelmed?

Colossians 1:11-14 We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father, who has enabled you to share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son. God has purchased our Freedom with his blood and has forgiven all our sins.
 

Our encouragement comes from what God has done for us. He has given us the power to be patient and persistent and to keep our minds set on the great hope that awaits us. When we remember that we are already free, the problems of this world lose much of their power over us.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis