Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It's a little cooler this morning, or at least, the humidity is lower, so it feels great! The grass is growing, now, so it looks like summer is here. Dave, my yard man and friend will be coming tomorrow to take care of the grass and do some trimming and then it will look neater.

My beauty berry bush, planted by the birds, is flourishing and very green, so the purple berries should be showing up soon. It's good that hardly anyone hangs out clothes any more, because the berries are very purple and stain everything!

My friends, Jim and Karin, took me to lunch at the Taco Bus, yesterday. First time I had been there and it was fun. A very unique place. The cooking is actually done in the bus, but there are lots of places to eat, both outside and in. I really appreciated my fish tacos, which were very good. Thank you, Karin and Jim.

I also had an appointment with my doctor as a follow up to the episode Saturday. The nurse and doctor had amusing reactions to the story of the fainting on the motorcycle... The nurse stopped typing, and said she had to know more, so I told her how God had planned for everything to happen as it did, and when I told her about Kevin being a paramedic and on the scene, she said "thank God!' I don't know if she is a believer or not, but she , at least, knew who to thank. She also said it wouldn't have happened if I had been on a Harley! :o) But since I am off the med. that caused the problem, I am feeling back to normal. Praise God!

I took a trip to the park late yesterday afternoon, and everything was quiet and peaceful. A couple of ibis, one immature and dark feathered, were pecking peacefully along the bank of the weir and a few people were walking their dogs along the sidewalk, but not many people were there. It is still a very peaceful place. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT: Dedicated to my friends and family:
 

1 Corinthians 13:4-13
 

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear.

It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis