Monday, April 11, 2011

Psoaring thru Psalm 145

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Looks like this will be another beautiful, warm day in paradise, with birds singing, and squirrels zipping up and down the trees; all seems right with the world. At least this little part of the world. Other places on the planet, not so good.

We had a really moving sermon yesterday, especially the last part. I am happy for a pastor who preaches the Word, and also lives it! I have a story of my own to tell of God's faithfulness and protection:

                  The Not-So- Great Adventure #4
Saturday I was ready for my motorcycle ride to Burger King, where David was to meet up with a couple hundred bikers for a rally around Leesburg. We took off from my house at 7:30 and he said he had to go to his house to work on the Gold Wing. So he told me to go take a look at the project he had been working on, which was the paver deck he had put in around his pool and also, the pergola he had built. I had the helmet on, which was feeling very heavy, and walked on back to where he was still working on the bike and started feeling very hot, and not so good. So he helped me get the helmet off, and I sat on the bike...still don't know how I got on it... told him I was hot, ran my hand over my forehead, which was wet, and that's the last I remember, until I opened my eyes and saw Kevin's face right in front of mine. He was telling me to smile, then hold out my arms, which I did. Kevin is a paramedic trainee, which was all part of God's plan.

I had been to my cardiologist a few days before, and he had put me on a new BP medication, which I obviously had a bad reaction to.

The amazing thing is...I could have been on the road and passed out, which would have been disastrous. As it was, David had called 911 and they came in just a few minutes, and transported me to St. Anthony's ER. David rode with me, and sat with me until Brian came. So I spent 6 not so happy hours in the ER, most of it just waiting for lab reports and discharge papers. Diagnosis was that it was the medication and everything else is fine or normal for me.

This whole episode was an example of God's perfect timing and His care for us! God is Good!

Psalm 145:13-18
The Lord is faithful in all he says;
He is gracious in all he does."
The Lord helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads.
All eyes look to you for help;
you give them their food as they need it.
When you open your hand,
you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.

The Lord is righteous in everything he does;
he is filled with kindness.
The Lord is close to all who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him sincerely,...

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis (praising God who is always there, and gives us friends who care)