Friday, April 1, 2011

Put Faith Above Feelings

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! What a contrast between todays weather and yesterdays. Today the sun is shining brilliantly, although water is still dripping off the roof and trees and the wind has died down, so it looks like the peace after the storm.

I watched two squirrels chasing each other around and around the trees, leaping from branch to branch and even flying through the air to the neighboring hedge! They are fearless! I have often wondered where the small critters go during a storm like we had yesterday. But the birds are flying, so they must take shelter some place. I will check on the ospreys that I see nesting high on poles in the neighborhood,because they are really vulnerable  to all kinds of weather. But God is good to take care of all his creation!

From the little devotional book, Knowing God:

Put Faith Above Feelings

Now the just shall live by faith.
Hebrews 10:38 NKJV
Hebrews 10:38 teaches that we should live by faith. Yet sometimes, despite our best intentions, negative feelings can rob us of the peace and abundance that would otherwise be ours through Christ. When anger or anxiety separates us from the spiritual blessings that God has in store, we must rethink our priorities and renew our faith. And we must place faith above feelings. Human emotions are highly variable, decidedly unpredictable, and often unreliable. Our emotions are like the weather, only far more fickle. So we must learn to live by faith, not by the ups and downs of our own emotional roller coasters.

Sometime during this day, you will probably be gripped by a strong negative emotion. Distrust it. Reign it in.Test it. And turn it over to God. Your emotions will inevitably change; God will not. So trust him completely as you watch your feelings slowly evaporate into thin air-which, of course, they will.

                                                      -Great Thoughts-
      I do not need to feel good or be ecstatic in order to be in the center of God's will.
                                                                                   -Bill Bright-

                                                       -Today's Prayer=
Heavenly Father, You are my strength and my refuge, As I journey through this day, I will encounter events that cause me emotional distress. Lord, when I am troubled, let me turn to You. Keep me steady, Lord, and in those difficult moments, renew a right spirit inside my heart. Amen.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis

Happy April Fool's Day!!