Thursday, May 19, 2011

Make the Most of the Time you've been given

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have had such unusually cool and dry air this past week, it has been a real blessing. But we will go right into summer beginning today. Seems hard to believe, though, since it was 65 when I arose. All good things must come to an end!

I mentioned yesterday that I had taken a walk early in the park, and it was good. I walked out to the first shelter, stopping along the way to enjoy the lush ferns and other undergrowth that have flourished since the rains. I took my walking stick and I usually get some remarks from people who admire it. It is one of the gnarly, ones that are long enough so that I can take several steps without moving it too much. I have two of them, given to me by Dave and Terry from the park. Anyway, the air was so cool that a couple women had sweaters and long sleeves, but I was comfortable and enjoyed  looking at turtles in the water. Nearly everyone said "good morning" . That's why walking in the morning beats walking after supper!

I saw what I thought was a dead frog in front of the garage when I finished dragging the dumpster down to the curb last night, but looked closer and it was a baby bird, and a few inches away was another one. I looked up but could not see a nest they could have fallen from, so I'm thinking maybe a hawk got them. So sad.

Also, yesterday, as I was coming out of Gateway Mall shopping center onto 77th which is one way, a car came at me in my lane, so I had to almost stop and move to the other lane. I stopped to tell the driver she was going the wrong way, and found it was a young woman on her cell phone. She smiled at me and said "I know, I'm sorry!"!!! But she didn't hang up. Oh, well, God is still good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:

Hard work means prosperity, only fools idle away their time.
Proverbs 12:11 NLT
Time is  a nonrenewable gift from God. But sometimes, we treat our time here on earth as if it were not a gift at all: We may be tempted to invest our lives in trivial pursuits and mindless diversions. But our Father in heaven wants us to do more...much more.

Are you one of those people who puts things off until the last minute? Do you waste time doing things that don't matter very much while putting off the important things until it's too late to do the job right? If so, it's now time to start making better choices.

It may seem like you've got all the time in the world to do the things you need to do, but time is shorter than you think. Time here on earth is limited...use it or lose it!

                                           -Great Thoughts-
 

Our time is short! The time we can invest for God, in creative things, in receiving our fellowmen for Christ, is short!
                                                    Billy Graham

This world is not our home, and we lament its sin-wrecked condition, riddled with disease and death and distress. But, for the growing of Christian character, it is a proper training ground.
                                                    Vance Havner

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis