Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fearfully and wonderfully made

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The sky is blue, the slight wind is blowing and a few puffy clouds are scooting across the sky..beautiful!  Yesterday was nice and hot, too, and today will be the same.

I had an appointment  to get an echo gram yesterday, and after just a short wait, got called in , which was a surprise. I am used to waiting a long time for any appointment.  The young man who was the techie, gave me a paper jacket to put on;, it even had grippers, which I appreciated. After birthing babies and all the exams women have to have, it is still nice to be covered up.  But I was looking right at the screen and saw my heart pumping and all the parts of it and then heard the sloshing of the blood flowing, and I couldn't help thinking of how God formed us in the womb and knew us even before we were born. We are fearfully and wonderfully made!

After that, I felt like I needed a bit of refreshment, so I got myself a peach milkshake from Chick-fil-a, and Yum, was that good! I had planned to drink it in the Park, but it started melting down into the cup holder, so I drove on home to clean everything up. I did go to the park, though and the tiny, green algae leaves are completely covering the canal by the weir and the trash is still there, but this does not bother the flocks of ibis. I also saw the great gray heron standing watch for lunch swimming by. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 139
O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my every thought when far away.
You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You know what  I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You both precede and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to know!

I can never escape from your spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the place of the dead,
you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest ooceans,
even there your hand will guide me
and your strength will support me.
I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night--
but even in darkness I cannot hide from
you. To you the night shines as bright as day,
Darkness and light are both alike to you.

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!...

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the past of everlasting  life.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis