Friday, July 1, 2011

Isaiah 40 :28-31

Good Morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! Happy July First! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I rolled out of bed to see the rain quietly falling and then a bit of sunshine and now the sound of distant thunder, with the promise of more rain. But I prayed for rain for a long time and God has answered, so be careful what you pray for! God hears and answers in His own time...

The yard got mowed yesterday after I had tried three times to call Dave, and tell him not to come because it was pouring, but when he finally answered, he said he had already done two lawns and neither rain, nor snow, or rain could keep him from mowing. I think he took that from the mailmen (and women). But no rain the whole time he worked, so that was good. He was still soaked because of the high humidity and just plain sweat. But he did a good job, as usual.

I had an appointment with my audiologist just for a cleaning and check up on my hearing aid, and he always asks me if I have been on any more motorcycle rides. I told him not since April. That one didn't turn out too well, through no fault of David's.
 

After that, I went on to church with some old eyeglasses that they are asking for to send to Congo. After I dropped them off, I came back home and found a couple more pairs which I will take to church. Amazing how they accumulate!

I also drove to the park, which didn't have many people, and all at once, clusters of toadstools have popped up in different places. Sometimes squirrels like to nibble on those in my yard, but those at the park weren't touched, so maybe the little critters know when they should not be eaten! God is good!

From the Amplified Bible:

Have you not known? Have you not heard? the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.

He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength--causing it to multiply and making it abound. {2 Cor. 12:9}

Even youths shall faint and be weary, and the selected young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted;


But those who wait for the Lord--who expect, look for and hope in Him--shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up {close to God} as eagles {mount up to the sun}; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint or become tired. {Hebrews 12:1-3}

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis


Have a happy Fourth of July!!