Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love of God

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I stepped outside this morning, and saw four blue jays pecking around in the yard. Since I discovered they like acorns, I can  understand why they like to peck around. 

All day yesterday, I was plagued with pain in my right hip muscle, which started Sunday, but because of prayers on my behalf, today I am mostly pain free. Thank God for answers to prayers! Now I have a lot of errands to run, so today will be catch-up day...

Well, because I missed the Faith Group meeting last night, I just had Meals on Wheels delivered to me by David and Cheryl. Thanks for thinking of me, Karin and all the others. I really hated to miss, but because I did, God blessed me in a special way.

I did ride through the park yesterday on one of my outings before the pain really set in and noticed that all the trash is gone from the canal--still some on the weir, but the algae and trash gone look good. I saw a turtle back  sunning on the bank and a lone immature ibis standing all my himself. Another tree is down across the canal just beyond the weir, so now all the trash that washes over will be caught, maybe. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT"

How can I know God really loves me?

John 3:16 God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 3:1 See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! But the people who belong to this world don't know God, so they don't understand that we are his children.

1 John 4:7-12 Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God--for God is love. God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. Dear friends, since God loved us that much we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love has been brought to full expression through us.
 


The gift of the Holy Spirit is also an assurance of God's love. Though it may be difficult to prove objectively, the Spirit gives solid assurances in our hearts.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis