Monday, July 25, 2011

Paul's thanksgiving and Prayer

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had a late rain last night. It started just as I was ready to go to bed and I was glad because I like the sound of rain lulling me to sleep. The phone rang and when I saw it was my across the street neighbor, I thought, "Oh, no, not again". But, yes, my garage door was open. I had checked it when I was locking the  kitchen door, but did not turn on the light. It looked like it was closed, but I am so thankful for vigilant friends. I had called her a week ago when we had a heavy downpour, and I saw that her garage door was open. That was in the daytime, though. We watch out for each other!

I noticed something cute and unusual on the front porch wall a couple days ago. A bluejay was sitting on the wall, after having a drink from the bowl I keep out for the birds and squirrels. I never see them just sitting as if on a nest, but I watched for a couple minutes, and then, suddenly, off he flew! I guess he just needed a breather from his busy day.
 

I saw the large gopher tortoise ambling along at the park Sat. They always remind me of my childhood, because they were always around in the vacant lots bordering our house. They are not nearly so plentiful, now, and, I think, are on the endangered list. The young gator is also in place right below the first bridge. He seems to like all the attention he attracts. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Philippians 1:5-11
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. I always pray for you, and I make my requests with a heart full of joy because you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

It is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a very special place in my heart. We have shared together the blessings of God, both when I was in prison and when I was out, defending the truth and telling others the Good News. God knows the tender compassion of Christ Jesus. I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding. For I want you to undeerstand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation-those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis