Monday, July 11, 2011

Psoaring thru Psalm 34

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Lots of sunshine and a nice breeze this morning means it will be a very warm day later on, but this is July, so that is to be expected. I was surprised yesterday by a heavy rain that started as I left church for home. I was not expecting it, but I drove on to the Park, anyway, and saw some very wet people running off the boardwalk to the covered shelter. I have been caught in the rain on the boardwalk before, many years ago...had to dry off with paper towels! 

All the rain has made lots of toadstools spring up. I mentioned them last week, but they formed a great big semi-circle at the park. We used to call that a fairy ring when we were kids, because the little people would dance around in it. Ah, childhood! I found some small ones in my yard yesterday and noticed that they looked like little white flowers that had opened up. I made the mistake of poking a dying orange one with the broom handle...whew, big mistake! It had a very bad odor, like something dead!

My friend at church , who is a photographer for  Fox 13, told me that he had done a story on the trash at Sawgrass Park, that aired Thursday. I had missed it so looked it up on their website and saw the story. It is trashy and will be that way until more volunteers are available to help clean out the canal. But, with the budget cuts, there are just not enough people to go around to all the parks. Still, there is a lot of beauty to be seen and little critters like the wet turtle who was trying to scurry across the road, while dodging cars coming toward him. I waited for him to cross, before going ahead. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 34:1-7

I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.
I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are discouraged take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness;
let us exalt his name together.

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me,
freeing me from all my fears.
Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
I cried out to the Lord in my suffering, and he heard me.
He set me free from all my fears.
For the angel of the Lord guards all who fear him,
and he rescues them...

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis