Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cruisin' thru Colossians

Good Morning, dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another sunny, breezy day with predictions of rain, but doesn't look like it now! The first day of fall is upon us, but maybe in the northern states, not here, yet.

I was able to go to the Publix and pick up some groceries and get them put away before my cleaning ladies came yesterday. I had a nice chat with them about their forthcoming cruise with family. One is already worried about maybe a hurricane and she will be stranded in the middle of the ocean. I had to laugh at her, because she is a worry-wart.  I am sure she will have a wonderful time!


After watching the Rays lose the afternoon game, I went to the park and took a short walk to the bridge, to check on the young gator that hangs out there. 

 
On my way in, I saw what looked like an anhinga on the edge of the canal, struggling to get a long, wiggly something in his beak. He was across the canal, so I could not see him very well. I noticed that the mowers had been there and mowed a lot of ground that had not been touched in a while. It looked much better.

I checked on the gator and saw that he was almost out of sight under the bridge, but while I watched, he turned around and came out and rested his chin on the mudbank he lounges on. He is almost or maybe is, three feet long now.  Getting bigger with all the stuff people feed him.

Speaking of these creatures, the crocodile pic that my friend, Karin, sent was on the front page of the Times today. At least, it looked like her pic. The croc is hiding out in a lake at Caya Costa, where her relatives live. The croc is really big and ugly!! But God is good!


He creates all creatures great and small!

From Colossians 3 NLT:


Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace, and always be thankful.

Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and the Master you are serving is Christ.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and  hugs,
Amaryllis      


( I will be absent tomorrow, due to taking Brian for a procedure.)