Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jesus, the True Vine

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another beautiful, rain free morning and a great day to be alive and outdoors for just a few minutes.

My yard is still full of trash from the oaks, but Thursday will soon be here along with Dave, the yard man, and then it will look better until the next winds! The squirrels don't mind the mess, in fact, they add to it by cutting all the twigs for their nests. I saw more of their piles this morning, so they are still busy building for the coming winter.

I went to the park yesterday, and was admiring the foliage and butterflies and the people hanging over the bridge looking at the gator underneath. I counted five squirrels under the same tree, so there must have been tasty acorns in that spot. I also saw one of the gopher tortoises standing on the pile of sand that must have come from his tunnel. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


John 15:9-16

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes , your joy will overflow! I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends. You are my friends if you obey me. I no longer call you servants, because a master doesn't confide in his servants. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me, I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. I command you to love each other.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis