Friday, October 14, 2011

Psoaring thru Psalm 100

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! A beautiful morning with low humidity and lots of sunshine and the promise of a lovely day! 
 

Yesterday, as I was driving east, I could not help admiring the towering, white puffy clouds in the distance..looked like big piles of whipped cream! I don't what kind of clouds they were...alto-cumulus, or whatever, but they were beautiful. Thank you , Jesus! I have to remember to get out to look at the moon tonight and see Jupiter dancing with it, as Paul Delegatto says.  I know it will be a sight to see!

I got a lot of indoor exercise yesterday. I stripped the bed and washed all the sheets and sheet blanket, then put them all back on the bed, one by one, as they came out of the dryer, which meant walking back and forth from bedroom to garage. Then I decided to change the quilt to the winter one. I have two handmade Amish quilts, made for me by an old order Amish friend, who, before she died, lived in Indiana across from my grandfather's farm. The spring and summer quilt is the double wedding ring pattern and the winter is colors of blue, in the triangle pattern. They are treasures!

After all that, I drove to the library, and then to the park, to check out what was going on there. I saw a large flock of ibis, doing their thing, and many squirrels still gathered around the one tree they seem to call home. An egret was posing in the fishing position and the trees were hanging gracefully over the canal, reflecting in the water. It was a peaceful scene. God is good!

This is one of my favorite Psalms. I memorized it while in Sunday school as a child;

A psalm of thanksgiving:

Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy,
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us and we are his.
 We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.
 For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis