Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jesus' prayer of Thanksgiving

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I hope some or all of you were able to view the sunrise this morning! It was a beautiful pink as the clouds were stretched across the eastern sky! Painted as only God can! I still have the A/C on as it continues to be warm and humid, but soon the cool weather will return.

Yesterday, I visited the Sweetbay super market on 4th St. where massive remodeling is going on. I thought it would probably be the least crowded of all the markets and it was. A couple cashiers were open with lines, so I went to one at the beginning where she was not doing anything, and got checked out right away. After she told me my total I asked if I could add 10 dollars to feed a family for a day. This is a program that they have going for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She seemed flustered and had to collect her thoughts to reach for the package and scan it, so apparently, they are not pushing the program  much. This is too bad because it is very little to give.

After that, I went to the park and enjoyed the peacefulness, away from traffic and  people. A couple of turtles were sunning on the bank of the weir, and an egret was standing near a lily pad watching for lunch to swim by. Since school is out, a couple of children were there on bikes and several families were starting out for a walk. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

 
Matthew 11:25-30
Then Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, thank you for hiding the truth from those who think themselves so wise and clever, and for revealing it to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!

My Father has given me authority over everything. No one really knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis