Tuesday, November 15, 2011

When the Path is Dark

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! No sunshine this morning, because of fog, but that usually means a very warm day, later on.

Yesterday, in the late afternoon, I went to the park and walked out on the bridge to check on the gators. Sure enough, they were hanging in the water...the three footer  and the smaller one closer together and at the other end of the bridge the small one was almost invisible in the lily pads. I watched an anhinga swallowing a fish, which was very visible going down his long neck. I have often wondered is the fish tickles when it gets to the craw or wherever it goes inside the bird. Probably it is better not to think about the eventual demise. But God means  for  everything in creation to have a purpose and  I guess the fishes is to feed the anhinga.  I saw a lot of ripples, but could not tell if they were turtles or something else. It was a very warm afternoon, so I avoided the sun as much as possible, and walked a ways in the shade. It was a good walk and God is good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:

Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
Micah 7:8 HCSB
 

Doubts come in several shapes and sizes: doubts about God, doubts about the future, and doubts about our own abilities, for starters. But when doubts creep in, as they will from time to time, we need not despair. As Sheila Walsh observed, "To wrestle with God does not mean that we have lost faith, but that we are fighting for it."

God never leaves our side, not for an instant. He is always with us, always willing to calm the storms of life. When we sincerely seek His presence-and when we genuinely seek to establish a deeper, more meaningful relationship with Him--God is prepared to touch our hearts, to calm our fears, to answer oiur doubts, and to restore oiur confidence.

                                                 -Great Thoughts-
Struggling with God over the issues of life doesn't show a lack of faith-that is faith.
Lee Strobel

Doubting may temporarily disturb, but will not permanently destroy, your faith in Christ.
Charles Swindoll

                                               -Today's Prayer-

Dear God, sometimes this world can be a puzzling place, filled with uncertainty and doubt. When I am unsure of my next step, keep me mindful that You are always near and that you can overcome any challenge. Give me faith, Father, and let me remember always that with Your love and Your power, I can live courageously and faithfully today and every day. Amen.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis