Monday, December 12, 2011

Psoaring thru Psalm 63

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the foggy day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The air is misty and damp, but once this burns off, it will probably be in the high seventies or low eighties! Ahh, Christmas in Florida! No snow, for sure!

Yesterday, after church I drove to the park, and noticed several ibis sitting on the weir, looking very downcast. This is strange, because I almost never see them sitting. They are always moving and pecking. And I looked across at the lake and sure enough, the big, fat gator was back on the bank. I have been looking for him every day and thought he had moved on. He is about 8-10 ft. long and very wide in the middle. Must be a grandpa to many gators around there. I went on down to see the rest of the park and saw quite a few people enjoying the sun and looking over the bridge at the small gators. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

 
Psalm 63:1-8

O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you  in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory,
Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself;
how I praise you!
I will honor you as long as I live,
lifting my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest of foods.
I will praise you with songs of joy.

I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on  you through the night.
I think how much you have helped me;
I sing for joy in the shadow of your protecting wings.
I follow close behind you,

your strong right hand holds me securely...

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

 
Love and hugs, Amaryllis