Friday, January 27, 2012

Hope

Good morning, dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  We had a little rain during the early morning hours, but not enough. At least the oak pollen is dampened, so the air is a bit cleaner. While it's a little cooler, it is still not cold, so it's a nice change.

My handy yardman was here this morning, to take care of some chores, so that is why this is a little late in coming.

I saw lots of people and birds out yesterday at the park, including a long row of ibis over at Lynch Lake. They were lined up perfectly along one of the drainage outlets. Lots of seagulls and ducks, also, one of which dunked his head down while the tail stuck up in the air, while I watched. Very funny!

At the park, I saw turtles sunning, egrets on the bank, with people taking photos of them, and squirrels running all over the ground. I also spotted the gopher on his front porch again. Guess he just likes to watch people go by. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How can I have hope when times are tough? 

 
Hebrews 16:23 
Without wavering, let us hold tight to the hope we say we have , for God can be trusted to keep his promise.
 


Our hope is rooted in God's integrity and faithfulness, When everything else falls apart, we can cling to the fact that God keeps his word.

John 14:1 
Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me.

John 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you may have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, for I have overcome the world.

 

 Our troubles do not surprise the Lord and should not surprise us. Trouble is rampant in this fallen world. Our focus should be on Jesus who has overcome this world and all its troubles.

Isaiah 26:3-4 
You will keep in perfect peace, all who trust, whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, love, and joy!


Love and hugs

Amaryllis