Thursday, January 5, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 95

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the slightly warmer day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Temps are going up instead of down and by this weekend we will be in the seventies again! Yay! My hands stay so cold that it's hard to warm them up even to type...guess I would not be happy in snowy country!

I was ambitious this morning and felt like making cheese biscuits, so, as usual, when I took them out of the very hot oven, the detector went off  with a loud screech. At least I know it works. And the biscuits were good, but maybe not as good as Red Lobster!

But the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day! After doing some cleaning yesterday, I went over to the park and saw a tri-colored heron all huddled up looking very sad, an anhinga with wings outspread, drying, and  an ibis in the water, looking for lunch. The maples have lost their leaves now, and the bare branches look very stark, as they are reflected in the water. It is good to see the seasons change even in Florida...just a little later than north of here. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 95
Come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us give a joyous shout to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come before him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing him psalms of praise.
For the Lord is a great God,
the great King above all gods,
He owns the depths of the earth,
and even the mightiest mountains are his.

The sea belongs to him, for he made it .
His hands formed the dry land, too.

Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker,
for He is our God.
We are the people he watches over,
the sheep under his care.

Oh, that you would listen to his voice today!
The Lord says, "Don't harden your hearts,
as Israel did at Meribah,
as they did at Massah in the wilderness.For there your ancestors tried my patience,
they courted my wrath though they had seen my many miracles.
For forty years I was angry with them and I said,
They are a people whose hearts turn away from me.
They refuse to do what I tell them
So in my anger I made a vow.
They will never enter my place of rest.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis