Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Future Glory

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! At last, we have our warm weather back again!  I know lots of people like the cold, but as I get older, I am not so much  liking it. It makes my bones ache. So, it is good to have the heat off and a couple windows open later.

Yesterday, I spent a couple hours at Mari's salon getting my hair done and watching different people get attended to. She is a whirlwind of activity as she colors, shampoos, curls and trims all day. There was a big, burly man getting a color, and cut ,another man got a trim, and a couple ladies had already been in as she opened early for them. I have known her for thirty years, and she has only slowed down once and that was when she was ill. She is a precious friend!

On my way home, I stopped for a Biff-Burger, for the first time, and I was not impressed. I rarely eat burgers, but I know what I like and that was not it. Oh, well, lesson learned. On the way down to Mari's I had a few obstacles...first, 34th St. is being repaved at the overpass, then further on, several cop cars were doing a drug bust, at a closed motel right across from Taco Bell and in the middle of the street at 5th Ave., a lady had run out of gas, and two police cars were parked behind her, while her son ran across the street to get a can of gas. Then, I had to wait to get in Mari's parking lot for a delivery van to close the door so I could get by. After that, I found no parking spaces left in front, so had to park right by the alley, until some people pulled out. But it was all worth it!

After lunch, I stopped in at the park and saw a couple turtles on the bank of the weir, but no big gator at that time, and on in the park. lots of students waiting for their bus, and people walking and enjoying a beautiful day! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 8:18-28
Yet what we suffer now, is nothing compared to the glory he will give us later. For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse. All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. And, we Christians, although we have the Holy Spirit within us, as a foretaste of future glory, also groan to be released from pain and suffering. We too, wait anxiously for that day when  God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us...

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray, but the Holy Spirit prays for us in groanings that cannot be expressed in words....
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!
Love and hugs,
Amaryllis