Monday, February 13, 2012

Jesus teaches about serving others

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another cold day! If I could type with gloves on, I would., Personally, I will be glad to see the warm weather back! Yes, I have the furnace running, but I am still cold, because I have not been moving much. But, the sun is shining, and there is no snow, so we are blessed!

I drove to the Park after church yesterday and saw three black turtles sunning on the weir, and across the street, the big gator was also catching some rays. Maybe the water was too cold for him! Not a lot of people were out, but some hardy souls were bundled up and walking. While the sun was hot, the wind was chilly. I enjoyed conversations with my sons, but otherwise, had a quiet afternoon.

I watched the Grammy awards last night, and, I have to tell you, I am so out of it, that I never even heard of Adele, who won a lot of awards. In fact, most of the artists were totally unknown to me. Give me the Dove awards where I know the singers and what they sing! But, God loves all those people and He is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 21:20-28

Then the mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee,  came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor.  "What is your request?" he asked.
She replied, "In your Kingdom, will you let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one at your right and the other at your left?
But Jesus told them, "You don't know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of sorrow I am about to drink?"

"Oh, yes," they replied, "We are able!

"You will indeed drink from it,"  he told them. "But I have no right to say who will sit on the thrones next to mine. My Father has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen."

When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that in this world, kings are tyrants. and and officials lord it over the people beneath them. But among you, it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant. And whoever wants to be first, must become your slave. For even I, the son of Man, came here not to be served, but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis