Monday, February 27, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 118

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I expected rain today, but the sun has been shining, although it is overcast and the pollen is flying from the oak trees. Friday the porch was blown clear by Dave, the yard man, but today the seeds are arranged in windrows across the porch. I can also see some caught in the hedge outside my window. And the park streets are covered! Not a good time to walk there if you have allergies!

I had the van detailed Friday, thanks to a gift card that Brian gave me for Christmas. They had it for three hours, but did an excellent job on it! It looks like new inside with the dash all polished and every speck of dust gone. I was almost afraid to drive it to church yesterday, for fear it would get rained on! First good deep cleaning it had had since I bought it about four years ago. Since it is parked in the garage, it does not gather yellow pollen like the car I parked next to. Oh, well, this too, shall pass.

I saw the big gator at the park yesterday. He was hanging out at the bank of the lake, as usual, which was a little surprising since the sky was so overcast. Not many people were out and about, but the squirrels and  egrets were busy pecking and looking for lunch. Speaking of pecking, a very large flock of ibis landed across the street yesterday, and stayed a minute or two, and then took off. They are so pretty! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Happy are the people of integrity.
who follow the law of the Lord.
Happy are those who obey his decrees
and search for him with all their hearts.
They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your principles!
Then I will not be disgraced
when I compare my life with your commands.
When I learn your righteous laws,
I will thanks you by living as I should!
I will obey your principles.
Please don't give up on me!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis