Friday, March 30, 2012

Haggai

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another in the long string of beautiful days, but the weather forecasters say that we are in a moderate to severe drought, so I pray that rain will come soon. I read of the wildfires burning in other states and the same thing could happen here. In fact, when I stepped outside earlier, I could smell what seemed like smoke in the air. Later, while eating breakfast, I heard a fire truck head out, so maybe maybe I really did sniff smoke.

I had a quiet day yesterday, resting up from my mostly sleepless night, but I did go out to the park to check up on activities there...I saw a couple anhingas on the weir, drying out wings, and lots of blossoms in the water by the bridge. In fact, the whole canal has a lot of hydrangea bunched up all the way to the second bridge. The young gator that likes to hang out at the bridge, is growing up right before our eyes. I think that is his happy home!

I saw a very large gecko sitting on a faucet outside the garage yesterday, just looking at me, like I was in his territory, but he was actually in mine! If Matthew had been here, he would have caught him! But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


Haggai 1:1-11

On August 29th of the second year of King Darius's reign, the Lord gave a message through the prophet Haggai by Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Jeshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. This is what the Lord Almighty says; The people are saying, "The time has not yet come to rebuild the Lord's house--the Temple."

So the Lord sent this message through the prophet Haggai. "Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? This is what the Lord Almighty says; Consider how things are going for you! You have planted much but harvested little. You have food to eat, but not enough to fill you up. You have wine to drink, but not enough to satisfy your thirst. You have clothing to wear, but not enough to keep you warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!

This is what the Lord Almighty says:" Consider how things are going for you! Now go up into the hills, bring down timber, and rebuild my house. then I will take pleasure in  it and be honored, says the Lord. You hoped for rich harvests, but they were poor. and when you brought your harvest home, I blew it away. Why? Because my house lies in ruins, says the Lord Almighty, while you are all busy building your own fine houses. That is why the heavens have withheld the dew and the earth has withheld the crops. I have called for a drought on your fields and hills--a drought to starve both you and your cattle and to ruin everything you have worked so hard to get."



I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis