Monday, March 19, 2012

Paul's Final Advice

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Not too much to report about the weather...we continue to have another in the string of pretty days that we have had all month! March has pretty much come in like a lamb. Hopefully, it will not go out like a lion! And spring starts tomorrow, although we have been having spring weather for a good long while!

I stopped by the park after church yesterday, and found it pretty busy, with lots of people out enjoying the good weather. It was too hot for me to try to walk, simply because my meds and skin do not like the sun. I have to cover up to protect myself. I bought one of the protective shirts some time ago, but have only worn it once. It is lightweight, but warm. I saw the ibis and busy little moorhens splashing about the lake. I think I have mentioned before how happy they always seem, cooing to their mate and busily carrying stuff for the nests. Cute little critters!

I enjoyed attending a big luau type celebration for some dear friends 50th Anniversary, with perfect weather for outside eating and enjoying chatting with old friends. The food was good, the company was even better and , all in all, it was a great evening! Thanks for the invitation, David and Cheryl! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

2 Corinthians 13:5-13

Examine yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. Test yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. Test yourselves. If you cannot tell that Jesus Christ is among you. It means you have failed the test. I hope you recognize that we have passed the test and are approved by God.

We pray to God that you will not do anything wrong. We pray this, not to show that our ministry to you has been successful, but  because we want you to do right even if we ourselves seem to have failed. Our responsibility if never to oppose the truth, but to stand for the truth at all times. We are glad to be weak, if you are really strong. What we pray for you is your restoration to maturity.

I am writing this to you, before I come, hoping that I won't need to deal harshly with you when I do come. For I want to use the authority the Lord has given me to build you up, not tear you down.

Paul's Final Greeting

Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Rejoice. Change your ways. Encourage each other.  Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.

Greet each other in Christian love. All the Christians her send you their greetings.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis