Friday, March 23, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 8

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!Another in the string of beautiful days that March has been full of, with cool breezes and light winds. The promise of rain sometime this weekend  was forecast, but maybe not here.

My yard looks so much better since David came yesterday to mow and trim! He had some trouble getting his mower to start and wore a blister on his hand from pulling the cord. After working on it for awhile, and letting it sit, I started, PTL, and he was able to get the grass mowed. 


He was here when I got home from Cartek, where I went to get the van serviced. I found Ray there by himself since Danny  had gone to the dentist. What a busy place! Ray said he had several cars there from people who were or are  members of our church, and a few people stopped in to ask questions about their cars, but he was able to get my van done in not too long a time. I always take a book with me or read the paper while waiting. Danny came back while I waited and he picked up some slack.

After I left Cartek, I went to the Subway on Park Blvd that has a drive-thru and ordered some sandwiches for David and me, then stopped off in the park, where everything was quiet and peaceful, with a large class of kids in single file walking behind the teacher, headed out on the boardwalk. BTW, David was not expecting to be fed, but made short work of the sub. :o)
I also took time at 1 to pray for a dear friend for healing...God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


Psalm 8

O Lord, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!
Your glory is higher than the heavens.

You have taught children and nursing infants to give you praise.
They silence your enemies who were seeking revenge.

When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers---
the moon and the stars you have set in place--
what are mortals that you should think of us,
mere humans that you should care for us?
For you made us only a little lower than God,
and you crowned us with glory and honor.
You put us in charge of everything you made giving us authority over all things-
the sheep and the cattle and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea,
and everything that swims the ocean currents.

O Lord, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and praise!
Love and hugs, 


Amaryllis