Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easin' thru Ephesians

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another beautiful day of sunshine and clear skies with no promise of rain. But even though it has not been watered, the grass is growing and will have  to be mowed this week. I have seen many blooming trees and shrubs, though, so some things thrive with very little water.

I did some ironing yesterday...I always put that off as long as I can, but it really doesn't take much time. Then I went to Steak and Shake for a hot dog and had to wait so long in the drive thru line that I kept turning off the car, so I would not waste gas. But I enjoyed the dog when I finally got home. I really like a hot dog once in a while, even though they are not so healthy.

I went to the park later on, and saw quite a few tourists, with kids looking over the bridge and walking  around. It must be spring break some place, because this was during school hours. I saw the brown gopher tortoise at the entrance to his tunnel and a family walking around him to take a picture. A white ibis was posing in the canal and a tri-colored heron was a little further down. Squirrels were hanging around the cars parked in the circle, looking for handouts, so all was peaceful, though active! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


Where do I find protection from the threat of evil?

Ephesians 6:10-18
Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil. For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world. against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realm. Use every piece of God's armor of God's righteousness. For shoes , put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.


This is perhaps the Bible's most comprehensive teaching about the resources believers have to overcome evil. Spiritual forces lurk behind many of our conflicts. Therefore, we should not attack the people manipulated by evil  but focus directly on the evil itself. We rely on truth, faith, the power of our testimony, the wisdom of God's work, and the power of prayer. When these are mobilized, evil succumbs, God wins, and we win.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis