Friday, April 27, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 119

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  Blue skies , sunshine, and cool breezes greet the day. I saw on Facebook a posting of pics of the huge hailstorm in Asheville, NC yesterday. Daryl said there was slight hail in Cleveland, TN, also, so they really had stormy weather there. Well it's quiet around here.

I started my day off by listening to a wonderful rendition of the Star Bangled Banner sung by Sandi Patty at the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty, that I had Googled. Wow! The best ever sung! That got me going, at least as far as breakfast...

I saw a squirrel leaving the water bowl as I stepped outside to get the Times, which was balanced on top of the wall. Creative paper carriers! But, anyway, I took some peanuts out and put them on the wall, but I think the birds got them instead of the squirrels, because I saw a bluejay with one in his mouth. I throw the peanuts out under the trees and then they seem to get some of them.

Yesterday, I went to the park after a quiet day of trying to stay off my foot that was hurting. I enjoyed the quiet and followed an Indiana car that was going very slowly. I know the speed limit is 15, but come on, barely moving is a little much! Any way, I watched the squirrels and did not see the gopher tortoise at his home, but did see some egrets in the distance looking very Florida like a postcard. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 119:1-8

Happy are people of integrity,
who follow the law of the Lord.
Happy are those who obey his decrees
and search for him with all their hearts.

They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your principles!
Then I will not be disgraced
when I compare my life with your 
commands.

When I learn your righteous laws,
I will thank you by living as I should.
I will obey your principles.
Please don't give up on me!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis