Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Experience the Joy

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Nice, very warm weather is here to stay, I think, but clouds are all around this morning, and a thunderstorm possibly sometime today. But that is good. I will take all the rain I can get!

I did a little shopping yesterday at CVS and then had to get on the phone to get the problem with my Extra Care card taken care of. Seems like I had a different number on the one I used than what was listed in my name. That's because they gave me a new card, (a couple of them, in fact,) and I never look at the numbers on them. Well, it is all fixed up now, and the customer service person thanked me for being one of their best customers! I also was nice to her...

I had to wait for an ibis to walk in front of the van when I went to the drive-thru window at Steak and Shake. Guess he was looking for food to drop from the window. Then I went to the park and saw some more of the ibis and an anhinga drying out the wings. The water in front of the weir had been covered with green plants for several days, and lots of metal cans. The cans are still there, but all the green stuff was cleared away. I think the wind did it. Several people were walking, all with hats on. They are smart enough to know the sun is fierce and does damage to faces. As witness my nose where I have had a couple cancerous lesions removed. But God is good!

From the Little devotional book Knowing God:

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice!
Philippians 4:4
You can't really get to know God until you genuinely experience God's joy for yourself. It's not enough to hear somebody else talk about being a joyful Christian--you must experience Christ's joy in order to understand it. Does that mean that you'll be a joy-filled  believer 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from this moment on? No, it doesn't mean that. But it does mean that you can experience God's joy personally, frequently, and intensely.

So here's a prescription for better spiritual health; Open the door of your soul to Christ. When you do, He will give you peace and joy.

                                                          GREAT THOUGHTS
When I think of God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes leap and dance as they leave my pen; and since God has given me a cheerful heart, I serve him with a cheerful spirit.
    Franz Joseph Haydn

God knows everything. He can manage everything, and He loves us. Surely this is enough for a fullness of joy that is beyond words.
    Hannah Whitall Smith

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis