Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Celebrate Life

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad  in it! Today marks a change in the weather. I could tell when I stepped outside this morning that the humidity is coming back. While the breeze felt good, the air was not as nice as yesterday but still it is a beautiful day, with more clouds and sunshine!

I don't know why I could not get to sleep last night. I finally got up at 1` and read until 2, then went back to bed and finally drifted off. I see a nap in my future today!

I had a busy day yesterday, with shopping for groceries,  going to Walmart where I was pleased at the low price of gas, then to the library, and finally home. The library was packed with the community room in use and also, lots of children enjoying the fun of reading. Lots of books get returned Monday, along with DVDS, so lots of filing for the workers.

Each time I left a cool building the sun seemed twice as hot, once I got outside. I went to the park and on the way saw the young osprey stretching his wings in the nest atop a light pole at Sawgrass Elem. school. It looked pretty big, so should be leaving the nest soon. There was a story in the Times yesterday, about a big gator that left Sawgrass Park and decided to walk across the interstate. He hit one new car and caused about $2000 damage and then was run over by another car, as he continued on across the road. That one spelled the end for the gator. Wonder what the Insurance co. had to say about that claim? But God is good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:
 

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24 NASB 

Do you want to know God more intimately? Try this: celebrate the life He has given you. Do you feel like celebrating today? If you're a believer, you should. When you allow Christ to reign over your heart, today and every day should be a time for joyful celebration.

What do you expect from the day ahead? Are you expecting God to do wonderful things. or are you living beneath a cloud of worry and doubt? the words of Psalm 118:24 remind us that every day is a gift from God. So whatever this day holds for you, begin it and end it with God as your partner and Christ as your Savior.

And throughout the day, give thanks to the One who created  you and saved you. God's love for you is infinite. Accept it: celebrate it; and be thankful.

                             Some of us seem so
                              anxious about avoiding
                               hell that we forget 
                               to celebrate our journey
                               toward heaven.
                                  Philip Yancey

                                                                           -Today's prayer-
Dear Lord, help me remember that every day is cause for celebration. Today I will try my best to keep joy in my heart. I will celebrate the life you have given me here on earth and 
the eternal life that will be mine in heaven. Amen

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis