Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Matthew 4:10

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside this morning, I was greeted with the noisy singing of many birds and the steady cooing of mourning doves. It was a happy sound to start the day. They were greeting the sunshine as they no doubt were seeking bugs and other things that they eat.

I had a fairly quiet day yesterday..running a few errands in the heat, and thank you, God, for an  air conditioned car! Parking in the shade is always good! As I was driving around Lynch Lake, I noticed a large, dark feathered pelican preening as he perched on a bench. Then, in the park, I saw a squirrel perched on a pole by the trash can looking very cute while munching on something good. 
Also, the overgrowth in the canal has been sprayed and is turning brown. While the hydrilla and other growth is choking out the canal, I always kind of hate to see the moor hens homes destroyed. They are such busy, cute little ducks, always talking to each other as they busily build their nests. But God is good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:

Give God Your Complete Attention
Worship the Lord you God and...serve Him only.
                  Matthew 4:10 HCSB


Who rules your heart? Is it God, or is it something else? Do you give God your firstfruits or your last? Have you given Christ your heart, your soul, your talents, your time, and your testimony, or have you given Him little more than a few hours each Sunday morning?

In the book of Exodus, God warns that we should place no other gods before Him. Yet all too often, we place our Lord in second, third, or fourth place as we worship the gods of pride, greed, power, or lust. When we unwittingly place possessions or relationships above our love for the Creator, we must seek His forgiveness and repent from our sins. 

Does God rule your heart? Make certain that the honest answer to this question is a resounding yes. In the life of every righteous believer, God comes first. And that's precisely the place that He deserves in your heart.

                                                            -Great Thoughts-

I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours of the day in prayer.
                                                                                  Martin Luther

                                                           -Today's Prayer-

Dear Lord, Your love is eternal and Your laws are everlasting. When I obey Your commandments and put You first in my life, I am blessed. Today , I invite you to reign over every corner of my heart. I will have faith in You. Father, I will sense Your presence. I will accept Your love. I will trust Your will, and I will praise You for the Savior of my life; Your Son Jesus.
                Amen

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis