Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1 John

Good Morning Dear Friends and Prayer Partners and Happy August First! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  As I said yesterday August always reminds me that fall is coming and in about two or three months we will have cooler weather...maybe October.

I have a messed up face, which I hope will be better by Sunday. Yesterday I had an  appointment with my dermatologist, who froze several places on my face, so now I have a large red spot in the top middle of my forehead just at the hairline, a small biopsied place on my head and several on my arms. That's the price I am paying for having fair skin and too much sun in my younger days. Beware of sunburn, Young'uns!

I enjoyed a visit from my friend, David, catching up. I had not talked to him in a few weeks. Old friends are the best! In the afternoon, I paid a visit to the park, and saw a flock of ibis busy pecking down on the banks of the canal. Only a few people were there, but a lot was going on downtown where my doctor's office is located. I thought I would run into rain on the way home, because of big black clouds, but not a drop came down. Rain is predicted for today, but, hopefully, it will hold off until I can get to the supermarket. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


Conclusion


I write this to you who believe in the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. And we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we know he is listening to us And if we know he is listening whenever we make our requests, we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for.

If you see a Christian brother or sister sinning in a way that does not lead to death, each should pray, and God will give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying that you should pray for those who commit it. Every wrong is sin, but not all sin leads to death.

We know that those who have become part of God's family do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot get his hands on them. We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the power and control of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us  understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis