Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 37

Good Morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! this is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I turned up the A/C yesterday, because I was a little cool. If I could have opened all the windows, I would have, because the weather outside was so nice. Most of my windows are balky, though, and don't get opened up much, so I just leave them closed. This morning, the temps are in the seventies and, once again, it feels like fall. We've waited a long time!

Maybe the acorns will not be as plentiful as I thought, because I have not swept the porch this week and it is not covered with the pesky things. There are a few, but nothing like I thought. When I was outside yesterday, the noisy bluejay was sounding off in the oak tree, and very loudly!  I would rather hear a mockingbird going through his repertoire than the jay. Speaking of mockers, I saw one fly into the hedge outside my window and a few seconds later another flew in right behind the first! I thought perhaps there was a nest in that spot, but I have not seen them since. If there is an early cold spell in the north, we may be seeing much more of the northern birds shortly.

I got to the park later in the afternoon yesterday, and the only bird I saw was a great white heron, posed by the canal, fishing. A spot of beauty! God is good!
 

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 37:3-9

Trust in the Lord and do good. 
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your hearts desires.
Commit everything you do to the Lord,
Trust him and he will help you
He will make your innocence as clear as the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don't worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.

Stop your anger!
Turn from your rage!
Do not envy others--
it only leads to harm.

For the wicked will be destroyed,
but those who trust in the Lord
will possess the land.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis