Monday, October 22, 2012

Warning about self confidence

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Those cooler temps felt good as I was standing outside talking with Jason, the yard man. I noticed he had not broken a sweat, so he was appreciating the cool breezes, also. I never know when he will come, but I heard the sound of his trimmer as I was finishing dressing and starting to go prepare my breakfast. He did some extra work today, like trimming the neighbor's hedge, which borders my yard, and also taking care of the podacarpus in the back yard. The grass has slowed down in growth, so he only comes about every ten days now...,the acorns are blown off the driveway for the next fifteen minutes, then, I suppose it will be covered again. Sigh. If I want the shade, I have to put up with the tree fall.

I had kind of a busy Sunday. After church, I went home for lunch, then got ready to go back to church for a dear friend's memorial services. I picked up Phyllis and drove her to church and stayed awhile afterwards while she greeted and chatted with a lot of her friends. I went to speak to Max's son, who gave a nice eulogy and thanked him for posting updates on FB about his dad. I was surprised when he asked if I was Amaryllis, because I had not introduced myself! He said his Dad and Mom had often spoken of me and Louis. I am still a little puzzled about how he knew who I was, but I guess the Holy Spirit spoke to him.

Saturday, I decided to get the van washed at the Touch-free car wash, but the machine would not take my 5 dollar bill. It kept spitting it out, so I finally backed up and drove away. Maybe I will try the one on 66th St. So, later on, I drove to the park, which was really busy with lots of people and cars. Everyone was out enjoying the weather!  I watched a flock of ibis ignoring the people and doing their pecking thing. God is good!

-- From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 4:13-17

Look here, you people who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town
 and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.
 "How do you know what will happen tomorrow?
For your life is like the morning fog--it's here for a little while, then it's gone.
"What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."
Otherwise your will be boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.
Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis