Monday, December 10, 2012

Jesus and Zacchaeus

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It's kind of a changeable day today, with clouds, sun and wind and maybe rain later on. But temps are still in the low seventies and after watching the Packers game yesterday, played in what looked like a blizzard to me. I will take this weather any day! I cannot imagine sitting for three hours in freezing temps to watch a football game and there was even one guy who was bare-chested! Wonder how much frost bite he has today...

While driving to and from a church meeting last night, I was able to see lots of pretty Christmas decorations, so people are getting in the spirit early. Even my house looked pretty with the icicle lights twinkling all around the front. Rick did a good job hanging them. I am slowly getting the inside of the house decorated, but I keep forgetting where I stored everything last year. While getting out some decorations from a closet, I decided I might as well clean out some more clothes I had not worn in a year or so, so now I have a big pile to bag up. One thing leads to another...

I took a ride down into the park after church and saw the gopher tortoise emerging from his cave. I was glad to see him. There were quite a few turtles sunning on the bank of the weir, and an anhinga was stretching out his wings just above them. the moor hens were also swimming around, so all was well. God is good!

As I was reading scripture this morning, I came across this story, which I used to read to my boys from children's books:

Luke 19:1-10
Jesus entered Jericho and made his way
through the town. There was a man there
named Zacchaeus. He was one of the most
influential Jews in the Roman tax collecting
business,and he had become very rich. He
tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short
to see over the crowds. So he ran ahead and 
climbed a sycamore tree beside the road, so he
could watch from there.

When Jesus came by he looked up at Zacchaeus
and called him by name. "Zacchaeus!" he said. 
"Quick, come down! For I must be a guest in your
home today."

Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus
to his house in great excitement and joy. But the crowds
were displeased." He has gone to be the guest of a 
notorious sinner," they grumbled.

Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord,
"I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have
overcharged people on their taxes, I will give them back four
times as much!"

Jesus responded, "Salvation has come to this home today.
For this man has shown himself to be a son of Abraham.
"And I, the Son of Man, have come to seek and save those
like him who are lost."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis