Monday, December 17, 2012

Opportunities

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Cool these mornings with sunshine, and warm later in the day, seems to be the constant weather report lately.  There is quite a strong breeze now, but when I went outside a while ago, it was already in the seventies!

I was out and about quite a bit over the weekend, which is unusual for me, but since I am expecting my son and grandson here this weekend, I have many things to get done. As I was going around Lynch Lake one of the days, the ibis flock was spilling out into the street, it was so large. A couple just took their time walking ahead of the car, before they got out of the way. I also saw moorhens and ducks splashing around, Then, when I went to the park, the black, shiny gator was sunning on the lake bank both days, with lots of turtles on the bank of the weir and the spread-wing anhinga in the middle. Driving around the circle, I saw a couple taking photos of the gopher tortoise, which was perched at the edge of his tunnel home.

Yesterday we had a most moving end to the sermon, with a video Pastor Rick put together as a background to the song he composed, "When Does God Weep".  The photos were of scenes from the terrible tragedy in Newtown. I think most everyone was weeping. But we know that God is still in control and He is Good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


How do I know if an opportunity is from the Lord?

Joshua 1:7-0 Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from them, and you will be successful in everything you do. Study the book of the Law continually. Meditate on it continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed. I command you - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Ephesians 5:15-20 Be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good  in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. Then you will sing psalms and hymns and  spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God's opportunities conform to his word Anything that contradicts God's word is not an opportunity from God.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis