Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Psoaring thru Psalm 91

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! What a beautiful, sunshiny day it is  in the early part of January! Yesterday was overcast and gloomy, but I don't mind those days, because I can go without my sunglasses and it was not too cold, so a light sweater was sufficient. I had to be at the doctor's office for an early appointment and only had a short wait.

I had a very enjoyable Christmas holiday with my son and grandson here from TN, and Brian here when he did not have to work. Although I was not feeling well while they were here, still, they were able to get out and do things without me and I was content to stay home and rest. After the right medication, however, I am feeling much better and have enough ambition to get things inside back to normal and all Christmas decorations put away. The lights are still up outside, though, so I guess I will have to call my handy man to come take them down. He was the one to put them up!

One morning, Daryl noticed a dead possum lying in the road in front of the house, and later, the buzzards came and started gradually dragging the carcass,until it was in front of the neighbor's house. God created everything for a purpose, even though we cannot see the value of nuisance bugs in the house. Ugh! Did some really go two by two on the Ark??

I have seen lately, ospreys high on the light poles, lots of ibis flocks everywhere, some tiny, canary like birds from the north, in my yard, and the big gator in the bank in the park. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 91:1-8


Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord,
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God and I am trusting Him.
For He will rescue you from every trial
and protect you from the fatal plague.
He will shield you from his wings.
He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are  your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of  the terrors of the night
nor fear the dangers of the day,
nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand may fall at your side,
though ten thousand  are dying around you,
those evils will not touch you,
But you will see it with your eyes
you will see how the wicked are punished...

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis