Monday, February 11, 2013

Living in the Light

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Lots of sun, cool breezes and a few clouds are a good way to start a Monday! The same weather we have had and the same weather for a couple days in the future! We are blessed! I have seen photos of the snow in the NE and read on Facebook experiences of people living through the blizzard. I have to say that I am so glad I live in Florida!

We had a powerful service at church yesterday, which is still running through my mind, so I am remembering my sins and repenting. Does me good and, hopefully, I will not repeat. After church, I went to Boston Market for my lunch and was very pleased that they have squash casserole back on the menu. That is one of my favorites! I went to the park and saw lots of people enjoying the good weather and a beautiful white egret standing on the far bank of the canal , looking like a Florida painting. Someone had taken time to blow the leaves off the road, which was covered the other day. My porch was blown clean a couple days ago, but now has a windrow of leaves on it again. I made the mistake of parking under the oak trees at church yesterday, and as a result, my van was covered with the seeds and dust. Guess I learned my lesson! But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 John 1:5-10 2 John 1-3

This is the message he has given us to announce
to you. God is light and there is no darkness in him
at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship
with God but go on living in spiritual darkness. We are
not living in the Truth. But if we are living in the light

we have fellowship with each other, and the blood
of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin.

If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and 
refusing to accept the truth. But if we confess our sins
to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse
us from every wrong. IF we claim we have not sinned,
we are calling God a liar and showing that his word
has no place in our hearts.

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you 
will not sin. But if you do sin, there is someone to
plead for you before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the
one who pleases God completely. He is the sacrifice for
our sins. He takes away not only our sins, but the sins
of all the world.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis