Monday, February 4, 2013

Psoaring thru Psalm 46

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another sunshiny day and a few clouds, but it is still chilly in the mornings. Last night I was cold after I finally got to bed after the festivities from the Super Bowl.

I had the covers pulled up to my nose, and finally got toasty, but could not sleep very well all night. Too much excitement, I guess! The Ravens won and Joe Flacco was MVP and I have two cans of guava shells thanks to a tip from my friend, Karin. Life is good! Maybe I am the only person who was watching,with this opinion, but I could have done without the half time show. It might be my age, but flaunting yourself in scanty clothes is not my cup of tea. And before someone says, why not turn it off? I did not sit and watch, I got up and went into the bedroom and then out to the kitchen and got a snack. Too bad the lights didn't go off when Beyonce was on!

But it was a good weekend and I encountered some good people and some uncaring people while out shopping. While at the Publix, which was crowded, I was behind a large man who had earbuds and was shopping from the flyer, parking his cart so it was blocking the aisle. I asked him politely to move it, but he did not hear, so I leaned closer and asked again. Again I was ignored, so not wanting to touch him, because he was a person of color, and some people do not like to be touched, I just waited until he slowly moved on, still studying the flyer and blocked another person. But the stock guy who bagged my groceries, was very nice; He has worked there for many years and always takes my groceries to the car, without even asking. So, shopping was a pleasure!

I saw the gator stretched out in the sun on the banks of the lake when I visited the very crowded park. Since the weather was so nice, lots of people were out with their dogs and children. I did not see the gopher, but did see turtles and a couple egrets. God is good! ( I also saw an osprey perched on top of a light pole in the Publix shopping lot. Maybe a nest in the future?)

From the Promise Bible NLT:

 
Psalm 46:1-3

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam, let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis