Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Temptation

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have a change in the weather coming, and since I have gotten used to the balmy days we have been having, I don't know if I will like having it much colder! Guess I'll have to take whatever comes, anyway! We are supposed to start getting rain this evening, and then by Sunday, it will be very cold! I am just spoiled.

I was out and about a lot more than usual yesterday, running errands. I started with a haircut at Mari's , which is always a pleasure with my cheerful friend,Then I went to Walgreen's on 4th St. and shopped a cart load of sale items. I have not been a customer of Walgreen's for a long time, because CVS is nearer and all my scrips are filled there, but I must say I am impressed by the service at Walgreen's. Very helpful and friendly associates, while at CVS, you are lucky if someone speaks to you! So, anyway, it was a pleasant experience. Then I drove to Disston shopping plaza and did some business there. That is always a busy place. Yesterday I was there about noon and the smell of pizza was fragrant in the air, making me hungry for a Little Italy pizza! 

I managed to make it over to the park, and saw the gator tucked into the shrubs again,but no turtles on the other side. The ibis were moving around the circle pecking and grubbing, and a few people were out and enjoying the beautiful, warm weather. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


 Ash Wednesday

Do I have the power to resist overwhelming temptation?

Matthew 4:5-7 The devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the
Temple, and said, "IF you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say
"He orders his angels to protect you. And they will hold you with their hands
to keep you from striking your foot on a stone." Jesus responded, "The scriptures
also say "Do not test the Lord your God."

James 4:7 Humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil , and he will flee from
you.
 


The devil can tempt us, but we can resist him just as Jesus did--by responding 
to temptation with the truth of God's Word.

1 John 4:4 You belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight
with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the
spirit who lives in the world.

1 John 5:4,5
Every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory. And
the ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus
is the Son of God.
 


We can break free from temptation when we change our focus and our minds.
Instead of thinking about our weakness, we can fill our minds with the promise of
God's strength. In Christ we have power. We must never forget that the Holy Spirit
is great enough to overcome any threat against us.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs.
 Amaryllis