Monday, February 25, 2013

The Power of Prayer

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The sun is burning through the clouds and fog, so once again, we will have a very warm day ahead. Yesterday, the temp reached 80. I wear a pendant around the house that I can press in case I fall, and since the light on the home unit was blinking, indicating that the pendants needed testing, I called the number and got an operator with a very southern accent, who said her name was Jeannine. When she saw my address on her pc, she remarked on "pretty St. Petersburg." I told her that the temp. was 80 and she was impressed. At the end of the testing I asked her what part of the south she was from and she said Tennessee. I told her my grandson and son lived in TN and she said "Enjoy your eighty degrees". I'm thinking it was not that warm where she is.

Well, I am the excited and ignorant owner of a new iphone 4. Brian upgraded his phone to the iphone 5 and put me on his family plan. I managed to text a couple times yesterday, and Gil showed me how to take a photo with the camera, which turned out to be a good one of him, but I am not too swift in picking up new electronic workings. Brian will go to a class and wants me to accompany him, but I think I will let him go and he can teach me. I have difficulty with the small keypad, because the lightest touch results in a letter and mostly not the one I want. I know it will open up a whole new world, once I learn how to utilize all the features. So, I will plod along until I get up to speed with it. We were at the Verizon store about 2 hours, waiting an then getting taken care of. It was the middle of the day, so after that, we went next door to Larry's and had lunch. I know it won't take Brian long to learn his phone, So there is hope for me!

I visited the park after church yesterday, and saw an anhinga airing out the wings on the weir and more people driving in, since it was such a nice day. A small group of ibis were pecking away in the hollow between the circle drives and a great blue heron was standing in the canal fishing. Lots of activity with people walking, running, and eating at the picnic tables. The azaleas are really pretty in the park, because they were not trimmed back last year, so that means more blossoms. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 5:13-18
Are any among you suffering? They should keep on praying about it.
 And those who have reason to be thankful
should continually sing praises to the Lord.
Are any among you sick? They should call for
the elders of the church and have them pray
over them, anointing them with oil in the name
of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith
will heal the sick. and the Lord will make them
well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven.

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each
other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer
of a righteous person has great power and wonderful
results. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when
he prayed  earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell
for the next three and a half years! Then he prayed for
rain and down it poured. The grass turned green
and the crops began to grow again.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis