Friday, May 17, 2013

Faith brings Joy

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! More sunshine, cool breezes. Who could ask for more?

Yesterday, as I was going around Lynch Lake, I saw an osprey land on a very tall pole and after a minute, it spied lunch and made a swift dive into the water and came up with a fish clutched in its claws! Wow! All this while I was circling the lake! Birds have eagle eyes!

After I was through with my doctor's appointment and shopping at Sweetbay, I drove to the park and noticed the workmen were installing another metal roof on top of the environmental bldg. The old tin roof was very rusty and really looked bad. I really like the looks of the new roofs and I am sure they are good for a lifetime.

Well, last night I heard a loud explosion and an hour or so later another loud one. Sounded like either a large tire blowing or a huge firecracker under a tin can, but then I saw a Duke Energy truck driving down the street, so a transformer must have blown, but I did not lose my power. Cheryl called me because she saw me and Kim go out to look around. However, the power went off sometime during the night, because all the digitals were blinking this morning. Had to set the clocks, but no harm done.

And the breaking news here is that a bear is sitting up in a tree over in Tampa, so people are trying to get someone to tranquilize and get it down. Always something going on! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 5:5
We can rejoice, too when we run into problems and
trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help
us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of
character in us and character strengthens our confident
expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not
disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us,
because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts
with His love.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my
prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis