Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Living as Children of Light

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! This is another day pretty much like yesterday, except maybe a teensy bit less humidity. Lots of sun and more puffy clouds.

I remember lying on the ground when I was a teenager and looking at the clouds to see what kind of faces I could spy. That was before TV or cell phones, when we had to play outdoors, instead of staying inside glued to some kind of electronic gadget! We also built our own scooters, and made clogs out of wood and rubber tube strips. Ah, those were the days!  I am so happy we have A/C now, though, after growing up without it. My family of five took a trip one summer, driving all the way to Reno, NV where my aunt lived. 36 Ford sedan with no A/C in July! What an adventure!

My adventure yesterday was a trip to Walmart for gas and a trip to Sawgrass park. Enough excitement for one day. Seems like the ospreys like to gather on the wires over Lynch Lake, now. I saw three there the other day, so there must be a lot of fish in that lake. Not many people were at the park on a very hot day, but I saw a great white heron and an ibis walking and wading in the canal, looking for lunch. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Ephesians 4:20

...But that isn't what you were taught when
you learned about Christ. Since you have heard
all about him and have learned the truth that is
in Jesus, throw off your old evil nature and  your
former way of life, which is rotten through and
through, full of lust and deception. Instead, there
must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and
attitudes. You must display a new nature because
you are a new person , created in God's likeness-
righteous, holy and true...


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my
prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis