Thursday, September 12, 2013

Joy

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Still no rain and hot, but I have more azalea blooms, even though the bushes have been trimmed and this is close to fall. What is going on? These are spring flowers! But they are pretty and I am not complaining.

Well, I found out my smoke detector works, This morning I was frying bacon, and something was on the burner that gave off a lot of smoke, so the detector started screeching. Loud! I cannot imagine what was on the burner, because it was just cleaned yesterday and I did not use it, anyway. But the bacon was good and so were the Egg Beaters!

My ladies were here yesterday, and Kim felt sorry for my houseplants, which are slowly dying, so she took it upon herself to spend time cleaning them out and adding soil and tossing the dead ones. She is an organized person, and I know she dislikes seeing disorder, but it doesn't bother me, now. (smile) I would rather read.

I went by the new Krispy Kreme shop to see how far along it is, and looks like it will be opening next week! Yum! Because I like them so much, I only eat one once in a while. I must say, Publix donuts are good and they are baked, not fried. Does this make them healthier?  Maybe a bit, but they are still full of sugar and fat. Sigh.

There was a large class of adults at the park yesterday and they were all gathered around the gopher tortoise, taking pictures and just learning all about his habits. He was the star attraction! The canal was quiet and peaceful and the shade was welcome. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Where does Joy come from?

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty
savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love,
he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a
happy song.


Our joy springs from God's love, which is not dependent on our circumstances
nor performance. When we trust in his love for us, we are far less vulnerable to the depression and despair that could come from our problems and disappointments.

Revelation 21:4
He will remove all of their sorrows and there will be no more death
or sorrow, or crying or pain . For the old world and its evils are gone forever.

Our joy is rooted in the certainty of heaven, where we will be fully
and finally liberated from the trials and troubles of this life.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis