Friday, October 11, 2013

A Prayer of Praise

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! There is lots more sunshine coming in the windows around here, because yesterday the trees were trimmed. I had expected them to come today, since that was the date decided upon, but I was surprised when they showed up a day earlier!

I was outside a lot all afternoon, while I watched the young man who climbed up very high in the oaks. I was under the shelter of the porch roof most of the time, to avoid anything falling on my head. The tree man anchored himself with a very long rope and safety harness, But he fearlessly swung from one branch to another, while he pruned and got rid of deadwood. The guys on the ground took care of cleanup, while another one worked in the backyard on the two oaks back there.

They worked all afternoon, from about 1 through 5:30, but did a thorough clean-up when they finished. I enjoyed the cool, fallish air while sitting and standing outside, for a couple hours, then as the afternoon wore on, it got really hot again. This morning I stepped outside and the temp was in the low seventies. Birds were chirping and singing , and just outdoing themselves, but the squirrels still have not come back, after the uproar yesterday. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Jude 24-25

And now, all glory to God, who is able to
 keep you from stumbling, and who will
bring you into his glorious presence innocent of
sin and with great joy. All glory to him,
who alone is God our Savior, through
Jesus Christ  our Lord. Yes, glory, majesty,
power and authority belong to Him, in the
beginning, now and forevermore.
Amen


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis