Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Paul's Thanksgiving

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! After a lot of overcast skies and bright sunshine yesterday, today, so far, is sunny and breezy.

Well, what a game!! I watched the Rays pull off a win. after a nail biting tie with the Red Sox. It takes a while for me to settle down after a walk off ending like that! I hope they can win again tonight!

I drove to the library yesterday and talked to the male librarian about the race his son-in-law won two weeks ago, then I went on to Audibel to make an appointment for a check up for my aids, and after a trip to the park, to check things out, I headed for the Romance Jewelers for a watch battery and new wristband for another watch. I like to chat with Roger, the co-owner, about his daughter with the heart problem, who has been repaired, comparing notes with my son, who has also had his heart repaired. Thank God for doctors and research on these problems!

There wasn't much going on at the park. A few people walking , but no feathered friends were in sight. As I was driving out, I spotted a gopher tortoise across the canal near the weir, just ambling along on the road the employees use. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Colossians 1:9-14
So we have continued praying for you ever since
we first heard about you.
We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what
he wants to do in your lives , and we ask him to make you
wise with spiritual wisdom. Then the way you live
will always honor and please the Lord, and you
 will continually do good, kind things for others.
All the while , you will learn to know God better and
better.

We also pray that you will be strengthened with his
glorious power so that you will have all the patience
and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy,
always thanking the Father, who has enabled you
to share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy
people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us
from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness
and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear
Son. God has purchased our freedom with his blood
and has forgiven all our sins.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my
prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis