Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Love your enemies

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I have the heat on this morning, to warm up the house because it is just up to sixty outside and ten degrees warmer on the inside. But we still have loads of sunshine and clear skies, so that means a warm up as the day progresses.

I had a busy shopping day yesterday, finally getting caught up. Traffic was thick everywhere! I went to Park Place Mall  to Family Christian store and they were really busy. It's good to see Christian stores doing a good business! However, they get their share of grouchy people. The woman coming up behind me as I was waiting to check out, muttered in a loud voice, " They only have one register open" and I told her that there were two. actually, then she muttered something I will not repeat. Some people are not forgiving of crowds any time!

Then I drove to Gateway Mall, even more crowded, found a close parking space right in front of the door, and filled a shopping cart at Beall's. I am not finished, yet, but getting closer! I thought I would treat myself to a peppermint milk shake at Steak and Shake, but the drive in girl came to each car outside, said the speaker was not working and inviting people to come inside for service. When I told her I just wanted a shake, she told me the shake maker was also down. It must have been catching, because later when I went to Checkers for a shake, theirs was down also! I should have gotten one at Chick-fil-a while at Park place!

I saw lots of ibis, an osprey on the line, and lots of seagulls and ducks, all around Lynch Lake as I was on the way home. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Luke 7:27-31

But if you are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies. Do good to those who
hate you. Pray for those who hurt you. Pray for the happiness of those
who curse you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other cheek.
If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. Give what you have to
anyone who asks you for it, and when things are taken away from you, don't
try to get them back. Do for others as you would like them to do for you.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis