Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Power of God

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Once again, all of the north, west and eastern  USA is suffering from extremely cold weather and here is sunny Florida, we are still enjoying summer temps and lots of sunshine! Works for me!

I missed sending this blog yesterday, because of a morning appointment with a chiropractor. This is new for me because I have only been to a couple twice in my life. However, I am impressed with this approach to healing...no bone cracking, but using sound waves to correct the spinal problems. We will see if it works on my particular situation. That is really a busy office . I had a thirty minute wait to even get in and then sit an wait once I looked at the xrays of my deteriorated neck. I was glad to leave a couple hours later, even though I had to wear a neck brace for four hours!

Well, I saw an alligator at the park as I drove in Monday and lots of black turtles sunning on the weir on the other side of the road. IN front of the building, across the street was the very large gopher tortoise, with a family around him looking at him. He doesn't seem to mind crowds, because his head was not pulled in, so he was receiving guests!

While I was outside just after sunset, Monday evening, I saw what looked like a large rat whizzing along the telephone wire toward my neighbors, who have a lot of fruit trees in their yard. Makes me shiver! I hate rats! I was looking for the ISS, but did not stay out long enough to see it. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How can God's power help me?

 Psalm 60:12
With God's help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down
our foes.


We should not look at the size of the problem but at the size of our God.When there
are great things to be done, we have a great God who will do them through us.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives power to those who are tired and worn out: he offers strength to the
weak.


2 Corinthians 12:9
 Each time he said,"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best
in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that
the power of Christ may work through me.


God's power does not depend on human strength and power. In fact our resources can get in the way if we rely on them instead of on the Lord. God's power flows through our weaknesses like electric current through a wire. The wire is simply a conductor with no power in itself , but without the wire, the current doesn't flow. God is looking for people who are wired for his service.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!
Love and hugs,

 Amaryllis