Friday, December 20, 2013

The Birth of Jesus the Messiah

Good Morning, dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! More sunshine and warming up to the low eighties today is the prediction...this is winter? But it feels good to me. I am not a lover of cold weather any more. As I get older, my bones do not like to be cold!

I did a lot of shopping at Publix yesterday, and a very helpful deli worker gave me some super service in selecting a ham. But out of my long list of items, I forgot the most important one (to me) tea!! I really enjoy a cup of tea in the morning and I have about one bag left. Of course, I have other teas in the cupboard, but cannot believe I forgot to get Lipton's! Well, on the other hand, I discovered that they carry pecan pralines..coated glazed pecans, very yummy! That was a nice surprise!

I had planned to spend today wrapping gifts, but I will have to make a trip to get the tea, and then pick up my Amish quilt from the cleaners. Then that will be a wrap!

Matthew and Daryl will be here sometime early in the morning, so I will be taking a vacation until after Christmas.

I did get to the park yesterday and enjoyed the peace, shadows and wildlife God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 1:18-25
Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Joseph , her fiance, being a just man, decided to break the engagement quietly, so as not to disgrace her publicly.

As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins. All of this happened to fulfill the Lord's message through his prophet:

"Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us.)"

When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord commanded. He brought Mary home to be his wife, but she remained a virgin until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.


(just a personal thought; One of my favorite Christmas songs is Michael Card's Joseph's Song"
about Joseph's doubts and thoughts about how he can raise the Son of God.)

I wish you all a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

I always thank God for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and Hugs,
Amaryllis