Friday, January 24, 2014

Changes

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Brrr! again! This is another cold morning, and I am waiting for the warmer weather to come back, but it may be a very long wait according to the weather prediction! My feet and hands are nearly always cold, so I like to keep them covered, but I am thankful for a warm house.  When I go shopping I don't even put the sun deflector up in the windshield, because the car does not get too hot even when the sun is shining!

When I was out driving yesterday, I noticed two very unusual cloud formations in the otherwise blue sky. They looked like ribs...very distinct lines of clouds, one smaller than the other. I think I had seen this on Paul Dellagatto's Facebook page, but when I got home I looked up cloud formations on the internet and saw lots of unusual formations, but none quite like what I saw. It's a wonderful world!

There were not many people at the park when I stopped in, but some dog walkers and runners were out getting exercise. Squirrels were scampering across in front of the car, and an anhinga was on the weir, but everything else was quiet. God is good!

To celebrate the change coming in Brian's career path I chose the following from the Promise Bible NLT:

Change

Where can I find security and hope in the midst of tumult and change?

Lamentations 5:19 Lord, you remain the same forever  Your throne continues
from generation to generation.


Malachi 3:6 I am the Lord and I do not change. That is why you descendants of
Jacob are not already completely destroyed.


James 1:7 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who creates
all heaven's lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.
Both our security and hope are rooted in God's unchanging character. People will
make promises one day, but disappoint us the next. Sin or circumstances beyond
their control prevent  them from keeping their promises. God's faithfulness and love,
however, are not subject to the fluctuation of  time,. space or human mortality. We will
never suffer because of God's fickle whims, irrational mood swings, or inability to handle
the circumstances.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis