Thursday, January 9, 2014

Easin' thru Ephesians

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The rain is dripping off the roof and the shower ended just a few minutes ago. The porch was wet when I retrieved the Times, so we also had a shower during the night. This is all good, because we still need the rain.

My crape myrtle, which was trimmed drastically a couple months ago, has healthy, shiny shoots growing from the top, so I think it will have many blooms, this spring and summer. I don't know what is the right time to prune, but the school near me, just trimmed their crape myrtle trees a couple weeks ago. But they always thrive and bloom beautifully with lovely white flowers!

I have mentioned this before, but once again, it is a pleasure to drive by Dolin's Nursery, because they have planted another profusion of flowers along the curb, and they are such a bright contrast to the busy street full of cars! A feast for the eyes!

I noticed, when I was shopping the other day, that another osprey is building a nest on the pole in the parking lot between Publix and CVS. I saw the bird sitting on top of the pole the windy day we had that brought the front in. Maybe he was trying to hold the very messy twigs in place!

I drove to the park yesterday and saw a few more people than the day before, because the weather has warmed up and school is back in session. I watched a great white heron carefully fishing from the place where the gator likes to sun. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

 Ephesians 3:8-10

God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take
credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good
things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's
masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do
the great things He planned for us long ago...


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis